I like the idea of looking back because it sets me up for the future. If I did a crappy job on something, this could be year that I can try to do it differently.
I'm not a New Year's Resolution kind of girl because we all know how it goes. Plan to do something Dec. 31st and by January 4th you've given up.
This is what I saw in my 2010 year:
- I learned that when being told Cpl. Mayhem was going on a six month tour, it usually doesn't mean JUST six months.
- I learned that going to information sessions the military provides for the spouses may be optional but they are beneficial if you do go to them.
- I learned that setting up for an emergency shouldn't have been done just because Cpl. Mayhem was going on tour, we should have had something set up for a while now. Yes, thank you mom and dad I see the error in my ways now!
- I learned I can drive on the highway without having a total panic attack!
- I learned that no matter where Cpl. Mayhem goes give it two days or even 15 minutes and something is going to break down!
- I learned Cpl. Mayhem who never gets homesick actually did miss the comforts of home.
- I learned that I'm truly an emotional eater.
- I STILL can't budget a check book to save my life!
- I did however learned to cut back on things like TV and saved a ton on my bills!
- I also learned to make a grocery list and leave the store under my budgeted amount for groceries. That's a big deal in our house!
- I learned that I could circumnavigate the complex world of military taxes when filing my family's income taxes online. I figured out what deductions the Corporal could claim and I claimed them!
- I can do a lot more than I thought I could! Front door, basement, bookcase projects to name a few.
- I learned to say no to things even if I offend someone's feelings.
- I learned I can't get along with everyone.
- I learned that when someone says "I'll be there for you" or "If you need anything.." are usually the first people bail on you.
- I also learned that sometime people can surprise you!
- I learned to work my laptop camera! I know it's sad but I did!
- No matter how much I gain, lose or whatever. I've finally loving being in my own skin!
- Even if people offer to watch your kids, help you out or whatever the case may be I learned that nothing is certain until they are ringing your doorbell!
- I've learned to watch the news and listen to new radio before, during and after Cpl. Mayhem's tour without being anxious about what I'm about to hear.
- I learned that as much as it sucks that Cpl. Mayhem leaves life goes on and we have to make the best of it... And capture as much of it on film!
- I learned my kids are going to figure out things on their own and I shouldn't push them.
- I learned that I don't have the greatest patience in the world, I plan on working on that in the new year.
- I learned that I'm a good cook. I plan on making more meals for my family and getting more veggies in their diet. Chcky is already a salad fan!
- I love to take photos, I might take a class to get better at it!
Now that 2010 is over I'm looking forward to a wonderful 2011!
Happy 2011 Everyone!