Going through some military blogs I've seen a consistent amount of blog posts about the negatives of being a military wife.
Yes, sometimes this lifestyle can be a huge pain the arse! Husbands always leaving, constantly moving, the politics of it all but I wanted to share some of the positives of being a military wife.
1. WE GET TO MOVE! I know for the most part moving can be stressful, overwhelming and one of the most difficult things we do. But there are some great positives to moving. First of all if you love to decorate a move is the best time to do it! Also, you this life give you opportunities to move to many provinces and see our wonderful country!
2. WE LEARN TO BE INDEPENDENT! Aside from the frustration of what ever "Murphy's Law" decides to drop on us while our spouses are gone on deployments or course/exercises, I've found that after I've taken a breath and pour myself a large drink, I stop and think about what I've learned and accomplished on my own. As of today, I can fix my computer, change a tire, dealt with EVERY single Service Canada Agency and we've all come out of it alive! So think about it, if you were not in this life, how often would you have do deal with the craziness yourself?
3. WE HAVE FRIENDS IN ALL AREA CODES! Whether you are moving or your friends are the ones that move, you will always know someone around the country. How cool is that?
4. WE GET EACH OTHER! No one will ever get the military lifestyle like another military wife. They get the long deployments and mass confusion. They get the struggles and the joys that this life can bring! They are the first to help out when a crisis comes up, or need a hand with the lawn or need babysitting. We all go through the same struggles so we are first to help when someone needs it.
5. OPPORTUNITIES TO DO WHATEVER YOU WANT! One of the biggest hurdles that many military spouses face is finding employment when they get to their new base due to possibility of moves and lack of jobs. But many have taken this chance to become business women, some have taken hobbies and turned them into business opportunities, while others have gone back to school to further their education. They don't just give up, they make their own stories!
6. WE DON'T JUST HAVE A PLAN A WE HAVE A PLAN B AND C! This life can be very unexpected, one of the biggest motto here is "any plans you make are made to be broken". So I've learned to always have a couple of backup plans, in case plan A or B don't fall through. You learn to expect the unexpected.
7. WE LEARN TO GET ALONG WITH ALL SORTS OF PEOPLE! I've met some of the most amazing and inspiring men and women while living on this base. Some who have taught me many things about myself and how I want to shape my character. But like any bushel there are going to be some bad apples. And some may think, "well if you don't want to deal with someone just don't hang around them". But what if that someone just moved in the RHU/PMQ next to you? Or it's your spouses superior, or the superior's wife? I've learned that there are some that unfortunately you can't completely avoid so you learn to be the bigger person and show grace and class no matter how much you wish they step on Lego!
8. WE LEARN TO PLAN FOR THE WORST AND ENJOY LIFE! One of the creepiest things I've ever done in my lifetime was sitting in a room being debriefed with other spouses about our soldier's insurance policies and what would happen if our soldier's died while on tour. It's true, no one gets out alive in this world but for most, it's not something we think about unless it unexpectedly happens. And although my parents had spoken to us about life policies and all that, I only truly thought about it when the possibility was standing right in front of us in a PowerPoint presentation. And it's a scary feeling to have. It also showed me that life is precious and we take every moment and cherish it.
9. THERE IS NEVER A DULL MOMENT! Military life has it's ups and downs but we can never say it's a boring life! We learn to stand strong with our fellow spouses when times get tough and laugh our asses off when it's all said and done. I learned that it's all and adventure and one I know I will never forget!
What are some other reasons why we rock?
Internet Download Manager 6.18 + Free Download
5 months ago